Saturday

Do your Research

This is a story from one of our models:
I had received a message on Model Mayhem about a music video that these artists in NYC wanted me to be feature in. I thought it was awesome, and it would be a great opportunity for me. I got so excited that I completely over looked everything and was just too excited that I was going to be in a music video. It came just about 4 days before I was going to leave for the video shoot that I told Alan Rust at On Display Men about it. Now, I did some research on the project, but not a lot, and so therefore I didn’t really know much about it at all. The producers told me that it would be getting played nationwide and everything would be amazing. So, Alan did research on it and brought it to my attention that it was not going to happen that way and the subject of the video was a little uncomfortable. They were not popular in any way, shape or form. They only had 200 friends on a social site… I have more than that. He recommended me that I didn’t go because it would be a waste of my time and money and it turns out that he was right. So just make sure that when you get an offer, or an opportunity, that you do as much research on it as humanly possible and talk to other industry professionals.

No comments: